Hedgehog is cute animal which has seventeen species. Hedgehogs have a relatively long lifespan for their size. Larger species of hedgehogs live 4–7 years in the wild (some have been recorded up to 16 years), and smaller species live 2–4 years (4–7 in captivity). Even though it is illegal to own a hedgehog as a pet in some countries, people still love to raise them if allow and follow their trace in wild. You will find tons of cute pictures and videos about hedgehog on internet, and here we also collected some of them. Hence, if you are a bit tired from your work, take a rest and enjoy some lovely hedgehog photos. At the bottom of the photo, we will also tell you 10 interesting facts about hedgehog.
1. Hedgies have poor eyesight, but excellent senses of smell and hearing.
2. Baby hedgehogs are born blind after 32 days and their spines are soft.
3. Each hedgie has around 5,000 spines — each of which lasts about a year.
4. The hedgehog is nocturnal, coming out at night and spending the day sleeping in a nest under bushes or thick shrubs.
5. A hedgehog can run over six feet per second.
6. Hedgehogs are usually solitary, usually pairing up only to mate.
7. Hedgehogs are known as the gardener’s friend.
8. The first hedgehog was domesticated in 4 B.C.
9. The collective noun is “an array of hedgehogs.”
10. Many people think a hedgehog taking a bath is the cutest thing