Riding under the rain isn’t fun at all. Is there any way to make it a bit better? German startup rainrider has designed an unique bike accessory softtop cover to help cyclists and e-bikers stay dry during adverse weather conditions.
Instead of putting a cover over the cyclists, the rainride softtop cover looks like a shield which is mounted in front of the bike. Weighing just 1.5 kg, this bike cover can be quickly assembled and disassembled. It is also foldable so you can easily carrying them around.
Here are some detailed specification:
- RainRider Softtop is a weather protection fairing for all types of bikes (>26″-28″) and eBikes. For easy mounting on the bike, the fairing is simply unlocked with one hand and tilted forward. Due to its streamlined shape, it increases air resistance only minimally.
- The fairing follows the steering movements through its attachment to the handlebar and fork and is very light and flexible. It therefore always offers good visibility in the direction of travel and the flexibility of the entire construction makes the fairing less sensitive to crosswinds.
- The fairing is height-adjustable and can therefore be adapted to different body sizes.
- To prevent fogging of the window film, an adjustable ventilation system is integrated which also cools and refreshes the rider sufficiently when required.
- All-round reflectors increase visibility and your safety at night.
- When you want to park your eBike, you can put the soft top in the parking position with a flick of the wrist and your handlebars, saddle and pannier stay protected and dry.
According to the company, its retail price is €129.95. If you are interested in knowing details about the bike cover, you can visit its official site.