High cost of gym memberships, not enough time to visit the gym, lack of parking at the gym – there are many reasons people aren’t motivated to work out regularly. If you fall into this category and have been considering investing in some basic equipment so you can do your cardio or resistance training at home, then you might be wondering how to make a home gym in a small space. Fortunately, you don’t need an entire room devoted to fitness equipment to create an effective workout area in your home; just look around your living room and see what you can convert into workout tools.
Whether you don’t have time to get to the gym or you want to save money on a gym membership, working out at home is a great option. But if you live in a small space, it can be tough to find room for all your workout equipment. Here are some tips for making a home gym in a small space:
- Use space wisely: Dedicate one area of your house to the fitness area and keep it organized so you know where everything is when you need it. Keep in mind that while large items like free weights take up more floor space, they also give more options and require fewer trips back and forth from other rooms
- Set up different stations around the house: If you don’t have enough room for every piece of equipment, set up smaller pieces of equipment in different areas around the house. For example, set up a yoga mat with chairs instead of weights on one side of the living room.
- Look into buying a shed: These sheds from Keter come in different sizes. A smaller one will allow you to keep all of your exercise equipment organized and stored while a bigger shed can be used as a gym to work out in.
If you’re new to working out at home, or if you have limited space, it’s best to start simple. You don’t need a lot of equipment or fancy workout gear to get started. A few basic items, like dumbbells, a yoga mat, and some resistance bands, will do the trick. And, if you’re short on space, there are plenty of bodyweight exercises you can do that don’t require any equipment at all.
Use what you have
You don’t need a lot of space or equipment to have an effective workout at home. Get creative and use what you have! If you have a small space, try bodyweight exercises or yoga. If you have some basic equipment, like dumbbells or a kettlebell, you can do strength training exercises. You can also use household items like chairs or stairs for cardio workouts. Get creative and make the most of your space!
Don’t forget the equipment
If you’re short on space, you might be tempted to skimp on equipment. But if you want to get a good workout at home, you’ll need to invest in some quality gear. A few essential pieces of equipment for a home gym include:
- A set of dumbbells or kettlebells
- An exercise mat
- A stability ball
- A jump rope
- An exercise bike or treadmill
If you don’t have a lot of space in your home for a gym, there are other options. You can use a shed or other small outbuilding for your workouts. This way, you can still have all the equipment you need without taking up a lot of space in your home. Plus, working out in a shed can be more private and less disruptive to the rest of the household. A shed gives you plenty of room to move around and store your workout gear. There are plenty of options and sizes when it comes to buying a shed so make sure you buy one with enough space for your workout equipment and your workouts. You can also use this space to store other sports equipment such as Wilson basketballs, Wilson footballs, Abus bike helmets, or something as simple as Lizard Skins batting gloves.
A home gym doesn’t have to be big or fancy to be effective. With a little creativity and some basic equipment, you can create a space that works for your fitness goals and your budget.