Sustainable Wooden House Blending Traditional and Contemporary Elements
This beautiful 2,250-square-foot, three-bedroom green house with detached garage is nestled into an 42-foot by 128-foot infill lot in the Linden Hills neighborhood. The home’s green features are as inconspicuous as they are abundant.
- Passive solar heating and daylighting
- Natural ventilation due to the narrow building profile and open plan
- High-efficiency appliances
- High-efficiency dual-stage furnace
- Dual-flush toilets and low-flow faucets
- Bamboo floors
- Composite fiber-cement siding
- Shell durability walk-through
- Blower door-performance testing
Though the home’s contemporary aesthetic is unique on the block, its respectful scale, spare design, and subtle materials keep it from feeling obtrusive. It features an eclectic blend of traditional and contemporary elements that weave it into the existing neighborhood fabric while at the same time addressing the client’s desire for a more modern plan and sustainable living.