When your new living room is almost done, you can finally stop thinking about the boring stuff like electrical outlets and insulation and finally concentrate on the fine details. However, picking the correct option from almost countless possibilities is not so easy. To help you with this task, we prepared a few excellent interior design ideas that will make any living room feel complete.
Creating a space of your dreams does not have to be a daunting affair, even if you tend to be the kind of person who “wants everything”. On the contrary, by following a few simple rules, you can quickly improve every room in your home. If you are looking for easy ways to tie your living room’s design together, read on.
Set Up Your Entertainment Area
Finally, you can think about relaxation and entertainment – don’t start off by cluttering your movie watching station or gaming center! What’s really “in” right now is minimalism, and even if you have a ton of equipment you can still make it look neat. And let’s face it – if you don’t do it now it will most likely never happen. You can set up your wall entertainment space so any wires are internal. If you hang your TV on the wall, you can find TV wall units at Sena that will look modern and “floating” on the wall. Forget about tangled wires and dusty TV stands – you need an entertainment unit that floats and shines.
Choose the Best Lighting
One of the easiest ways to enhance the look of a living room is by improving the lighting. However, don’t forget that lighting should serve multiple purposes. There are a few types of lighting you can install – and don’t forget any of them will go best with a smart light bulb that you can control dim at your leisure.
- Floor lamps are an excellent choice for any living room, as they can be moved from place to place. You can choose between several designs, from simple floor lamps to more decorative models like a mock-tiffany. Or hey – if you have the budget why not get a real tiffany floor lamp?
- Chandeliers – this is an accent piece, and works especially well if you have ceilings that are taller than average. They can be either minimalistic or exquisitely Baroque – depending on the living room style. Don’t be afraid to go crazy with opulence if the rest of the room is rather minimalistic – that’s contrast for you, right?
- Track lighting – this is ideal if you don’t want a centralized light fixture and want to focus different lights on a few aspects of the room. You can highlight artwork, or make a brighter corner for living. This is truly stage lighting and can change your environment from focused to mysterious depending what lightbulb you use.
- Add Candles to Your Living Room – Candles are a great way to create an intimate ambiance in your living room. They have the added advantage of creating between you and your guest. So, if you are trying to impress someone, candles are a great way to do so. You should avoid candles made from synthetic materials, as they often smell bad or cause skin irritation. Opt for the best organic brands instead.
Add Contrasting Accents
Another way to complete the design of your living room is by adding accents. As with all interior design ideas, you should use this technique carefully and sparingly. However, if you choose your accents wisely and wrap them in a good design, they can be a great way to create a stunning final result. To add a touch of color to your living room, here are some ideas you can try.
Add a Pop of Color With Throw Pillows
This is an excellent way to add a beautiful accent to your new living room. Throw pillows are an excellent finishing touch, as they don’t cost much but improve the overall look of the room significantly. You can opt for bright colors or patterns if you want a vibrant look, or go for dark colors if you want a more subdued atmosphere. It all depends on how you want your living room to look like.
Add a Unique Accent With Artwork
If you are looking for more unique ideas to enhance the beauty of your new living room, artwork is one way to go about it. However, this is an area where you should focus on quality rather than quantity. Otherwise, you will end up with too much stuff on the walls and your living room will soon start feeling crowded.
Paint Your Walls With Accent Colors Only
You should also be careful when choosing the new colors for your walls. If you paint everything in your living room with the same color, the space might feel too crowded or boring. The best idea is to choose just one accent wall and paint it with a bright color (such as red or orange). This will really make your space stand out and elevate the overall look of your living room.
Add These Extra Details To Complete Your Living Room’s Design
- Coffee table books – real conversation starters!
- Collection display – you finally have the space to show off your wine cork collection – get a beautiful display case and arrange it.
- Plants – get beautiful potted plants that highlight your style. Every plant has a different “design” – while Monsteras look simply opulent, Horsetails look sharp and minimalistic. So do cacti.
There are a lot of choices that you have when choosing furniture – but if you really look at your style, what you want and what you need, you’ll know exactly what to get. Remember that it’s easy to go overboard with decorating. Take a step back and enjoy your bank canvas for a while before making any decisions!